Posted by: Charmaine | 2008/10/14

I have an underactive thyroid, i use eltroxin on a daily basis, the past few months i have been gaining weight even thou I watch wat i eat, will it be ok if I take an extra supplement to help my thyroid

Dear Charmaine
I don't know what kind of supplement you intend taking, but products like kelp, etc, are not indicated if you are already on thyroid hormone replacement therapy. You should rather return to the dr who is treating your hypothyroidism and discuss this sudden weight gain with him/her. It is possible that your dose of Eltroxin needs to be adjusted. Counteract the weight gain by doing some aerobic exercise like going for a brisk walk every day for 30 min or skipping for 30 min.