Posted by: TN | 2005/11/30


I looked up all the previous correspondence on this and I couldn't find an answer either - like JJ. I've visited several websites and have all the symptoms(all, exactly as mentioned in the websites) but test shows normal. I had a TSH blood test done as well as Estradiol. I don't have a med aid so I can't see an Endocrinologist. I see you suggest people to go see a physician, but what good will that do if the test already showed no problems? Can supplements be taken and can you refer any? Can you please give a direct answer.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

TN, seeing a physician will help find the cause as thyroid problems are not the only disorders that can cause the symptoms of a slow metabolism. It might also be that you have a normal TSH, but that you have a low T3 – the active part of thyroid hormone.
The problem with suggesting a supplement is that what do I suggest if I don’t know what the cause is? The best would be to invest some money in seeing a specialist and getting a proper diagnosis made. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.