Question
Posted by: TN | 2005/11/30

HYPOTHYROIDISM

I looked up all the previous correspondence on this and I couldn't find an answer either - like JJ. I've visited several websites and have all the symptoms(all, exactly as mentioned in the websites) but test shows normal. I had a TSH blood test done as well as Estradiol. I don't have a med aid so I can't see an Endocrinologist. I see you suggest people to go see a physician, but what good will that do if the test already showed no problems? Can supplements be taken and can you refer any? Can you please give a direct answer.

TN, seeing a physician will help find the cause as thyroid problems are not the only disorders that can cause the symptoms of a slow metabolism. It might also be that you have a normal TSH, but that you have a low T3 – the active part of thyroid hormone.
The problem with suggesting a supplement is that what do I suggest if I don’t know what the cause is? The best would be to invest some money in seeing a specialist and getting a proper diagnosis made. Good luck.