Question
Posted by: dee | 2005/07/07

hypothyroid

why has my underactive thyroid condition resulted in allergies which I have never had in my life before.
If my medication of Eltroxin 0,1mg daily is a sufficient quantity why do I still have dryskin, feel the cold more than others, and have many many more face wrinkles than the average 68 year old!!!! surely these 'symtoms' should disappear with use of the medication.?
thanks

Dee, an underactive thyroid may have an effect on your immunity, but as far as I know it doesn’t usually cause people to develop allergies.
It sounds like you’re not taking enough Eltroxin® as you still suffer some of the symptoms of an underactive thyroid (dryskin, feel the cold more than others, and have many many more face wrinkles than the average 68 year old). The best would be to have your blood tested to make sure you are taking enough Eltroxin®. Good luck.

2
Posted by: Miss L | 2005/07/18

I've just been diagnosed with underactive thyroid, although I have none of the symptoms(weight gain,fatigue etc). I'm 27, 1.58 tall, weight 49 kg. My gynae was SHOCKED when my results came in from the lab so she sent me in to have another test, just in case the lab had made an error. Results came back the same. Shes put me on Eltroxin 0,1mg per day, however, my period has disappeared. I've done 2 preg tests both negative. Is this normal? what are my chances of falling pregnant? We've been trying for a baby since January 2005. I've only been taking Eltroxin for 1 week.
Thanx Doc..

Reply to Miss L
Posted by: Dee | 2005/07/09

thank you Cyberdoc for your reply to my message - much appreciated.

Reply to Dee