Question

Hypoglycaemia and Diabetis

Hi Doc. I was diagnosed with Hypoglycaemia 9 years ago. My eye sight has deteriated the past 12 months (been to seen the eye spes and all o.k.) and I have gained about 15kg. Went for the fasting blood glucose test and alls o.k (eye doc send me). Could it be that I have diabetis, but that the fasting test doesn't detect it? What should I do more? I'm also trying to fall pregnant? Should I have my blood sugar tested more regularly.

Dear Anon
Just ask your GP to check your fasting insulin levels too - you may have insulin resistance. Another reason for deterioration of eye sight is thyroid problems - let him check this too.

1
Posted by: Stephanie | 2008/03/21

My mom is 65 and for several years now she is suffering with her legs. Starting at her knees down to her ankles her skin is reddish purple, almost like a really bad sunburn, and she get watery blisters that fill, sag and then open with clear liquid. She has seen a few doctors in our area and nothing they do is helping. Every diagnosis is different. What is this and can you tell me who she really needs to be seeing?
Very concerned for my mom
Stephanie

Reply to Stephanie