Question
Posted by: a | 2004/12/13

hypoglycaemia?

Hi, I am presuming I have hypoglycaemia as well as have fibromyalgia. This suggestion being made by holistic docs and orthodox docs, altho the orthodox doc said if i had hypoglycaemia, i would be completely "out". My symptoms are of weakness; blurred vision; dizziness; off-balance feeling; burning sensation in limbs; stiffness; extreme fatigue; depression; continual scratchy,burny throat and sometimes tummy ache. I get head-rushes when i eat (particularly bread etc) to the extent that i have to hold onto something (even if i am sitting). i have read up about hypoglycaemic diets, and cannot understand why i am to cut out sugars; carbohydrates; bananas etc if i have low blood sugar...surely these are the things i should be taking? also, how long does one have to do the diet to come right? Is there any way one can prove this condition and then rectify it?

A, not all your symptoms fit in with hypoglycaemia and the best would be to see a specialist physician about it.
People that suffer from hypoglycaemia of do so because they secrete too much insulin when they eat refined sugars. This causes the sugar in the blood to move into the cells and then there is too little sugar in the blood (hypoglycaemia) and some of the symptoms you’re complaining about. If you have more questions please post them as a new question to ensure that I receive them. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Buffs | 2004/12/14

im not a doctor but i can give you some advice

I was diagnosed as Hypoglycemic i got a second oppinion and im actually insulin resistant. My body cannot absorb all of the sugar that i eat and so produces more insulin than is needed by normal ppl.

This causes some of the symptoms u listed above.

Ok you need to follow the glycmeic index diet. Foods that have a low glycemic index have sugars that are absorbed slower than regular sugar (sucrose) this keeps the sugar level constant and prevents it from dropping suddenly causing the dizzy drowsy feelings.
run a search on this website for foods on the glycemic index. Also eating every 3 or 4 hours is a good way to keep the sugar level constant

Reply to Buffs