Question
Posted by: Di | 2004/01/30

HYPOGLYCAEMIA

I am nearly 44 years old and have hypoglycaemia for 20 years. I know what foods to eat and have recently seen a dietician to assist me with an eating plan because I am involved in long distance swimming. I am still having spectacular sugar crashes in the water despite watching my food intake carefully and eating small snacks every 2 hrs. Yesterday I suddenly had a nose bleed just to make the whole situation more interesting. I am an aquarobics instructor and work out in the pool twice a week, swim on average 2km's 3 times a week and walk 2km's 3 times a week as well. Despite all this, my weight is stedily increasing. I am taking 2 Menograine tablets twice daily, 1 Zyrtec and 1 Mobic daily. Any idea what is going on or do I need to see a doctor?

Di, the fact that your weight keeps on increasing, make me think that you might have a thyroid problem, but it’s just guess. The best would be to see a specialist physician and have it sorted out. Good luck.