Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2007/03/19

Hypnosis for loosing weight does it work

I have tried everything, I just can't stick to a diet, when I start to diet it's as if I can't stay away from anything, when I start to diet I gain weight in stead of losing it. I have tried Weigh-Less but does'nt work because my problem is if I stress I eat, If i feel sad I eat, when I work hard I go on lunch and I eat, when I am bored I eat. I realy don't know what to do anymore, I do want to lose but have no motivation, and the people around me trying to motivate me by telling me the hole day I need to lose weight, talking about weight 24 a day, it makes be depress. Will Hypnosis help for me and do any one know if it is sucessful

Dear Lucy
From what you say, I would strongly recommend that you consult a clinical psychologist (check in the Yellow Pages or ask your gp to refer you), because you definitely need expert assistance to sort out your psychological feelings regarding weight loss and dieting. When you make the appointment ask if the psychologist specialises in hypnosis as he/she will then also be able to assist you with this. Hypnosis can work for weight loss, but it is also important for you to learn to deal with your stress, anxiety and depression so that you can lose weight successfully.