Question
Posted by: Jen | 2004/12/07

Hypno Thearopy to Quit Smoking

I am wanting to see a Hypno Thearapist? However I am very wary of the entire process! Do you know of any good hypno thearopsits in Cape Town? I need to quit smoking

I know of absolutely not one single good hypnotherapist , anywhere. Hypnosis is NEVER ever effective as the only part of treatment of any problem, so anyone who can only do hypnosis cannot possibly be competent to treat anything. There are no recognizeable valid qualifications in hypnotherapy either --- a pal in the States managed to get his pet cat fully certified as a hypnotherapist !
And people who ask for hypnotherapy to help them deal with ANY problem, are generally looking for magic --- a painless, effortless, immediate cure, and there is never any such thing, and only quacks will tell you otherwise.
Stopping Smoking needs hard work, because cigarettes were carefulty designed to induce addiction. Nicotine patches and chewing gums, as part of a programme like Smokenders, usually works best ; and there are signs of some newer meds which may also make the stopping less disturbing.

3
Posted by: CP MOM | 2004/12/07

Friends of mine went to sum dr. and he did some type of piercing in there ears and since then (3months) they have not TOUCHED a siggie ..

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Lonestar | 2004/12/07

Try Zyban, I quite smoking on that. Still clean

Reply to Lonestar
Posted by: blackbird | 2004/12/07

if you find something to stop smoking ...please let me know ....

Reply to blackbird