Question
Posted by: Bronwyn | 2003/01/06

Hyperthyroidism

I have had radioactive treatment and am now on dosage of Eltroxin 0.1g a day but am still picking up weight although eating the same as I did before. Are there any foods to strictly avoid, any to eat more of and anything I can do to help curb by weight increase?

Dear Bronwyn
Please discuss this problem with your physician as you may have to adjust your dosage of Eltroxin. Research has shown that to lose weight, the most successful approach is to reduce your fat intake while increasing your dietary fibre intake (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight Loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a free copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet) and increasing your energy expenditure by doing regular aerobic exercise. Check with your dr if you may exercise and then join a good gym or swim, walk, run, jog, cycle or skip at least 3 times a week.

1
Posted by: Health24 | 2003/01/07

Dear Bronwyn
You may also be interested in our comprehensive article in the A-Z section of diseases.
Kind regards
Health24

Reply to Health24