Question
Posted by: Van | 2003/02/25

Hypertension medication?

I AM 67 YEARS OLD FEMALE AND HAVE BEEN USING A MEDICATION BY THE NAME OF NATRILIX FOR THE PAT FEW YEARS FOR MY HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. I CHANGED MEDICAL AID AND MY NEW MEDICAL AID ONLY APPROVES HEXAZIDE AND REDAQ FOR MY CONDITION, IS THIS MEDICATION THE SAME AND WILL IT HELP FOR MY HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE??

Van, Hexazide and Ridaq are one and the same thing and definitely not the same as Natrilix®. The generic equivalents of Natrilix® include Dapamax®, Daptril®, Indalix®, Lixamide® and Rolab-indapamide®. It would be better to take one of them than Hexazide® or Ridaq®. Good luck.