Question
Posted by: Loly | 2005/06/13

Hypertension & coughing

Good day Doc,
My mother’s biopsy results came back on Friday. It was discovered that she has lung cancer, but I’m not sure how advanced it is. We still haven’t told her, we’re scared we don’t know how is she going to react. She’s going for another checkup today maybe she’ll start on the new treatment.
Thank you very much for your support throughout this journey, it is very much appreciated…

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Loly,

What a blow that must be for you and family ! I am saddened to hear this news.

Her doctor should be able to give you an idea of what type of lung cancer it is,how far advanced it is, and what treatment he proposes. Some lung cancers respond better to chemotherapy than to radiation, and some the other way around. The various options will have to be discussed with the oncologist, and the family must be involved in each step of the way.

Loly, you are going to have to be very strong now. No matter how badly or well it goes, the diagnosis of a cancer places terrible strain on a family. Please get as much help as you can for yourself too – remember that you can’t help your Mom if you are exhausted physically and emotionally.

I shall be thinking of you, and wish you strength in the days ahead. Thank you for sharing this very difficult time and personal anguish with me. If you feel able, please let me know from time to time how things are going with you and your Mom. Whatever happens, remember this – NO CANCER PATIENT SHOULD HAVE TO EXPERIENCE PAIN. Insist that your Mom receive adequate pain relief and that she is comfortable.

Good luck and God Bless.

HeartDoc.

2
Posted by: dudu | 2005/06/16

It would also be of use to contact any cancer assoc. including the island hospice for any help

Reply to dudu
Posted by: Loly | 2005/06/14

Thanks Doc,
Things are a bit tough, we don't even know how to break the news to her because she doesn't know at this stage but we'll find a way. You've been of great help to me and I'll keep you posted on how things are going. Thank you very much for your time.
Loly

Reply to Loly