Question
Posted by: Mary | 2008/06/05

Hypertension

I am using 8mg of Prexim per day for hypertension bit it still stays high. The doctor gave me water pills in addition, but I have problems with my bladder already and the the pills make me go to the loo every 30 minutes or so. This affects my work and social life. Is there any over-the-counter medication I can take in addition to Prexim for hypertension please.
Thank you for your assistance.

Dear Mary
No, no over the counter medication I can think of - but try this (folk remedy) - take one teaspoon of honey each morning with your medication - if you are not diabetic - and see what it does? I would like to hear if it worked!

1
Posted by: Mary | 2008/06/13

Hi Dr Bets

Looks like the honey is helping to reduce my hypertention somewhat. Sometimes it is still high, but better. Thank you for the advice.

Reply to Mary