Question
Posted by: syl410 | 2007/12/01

Hypertension

I have been diagnoised w/hypertension 2 nd low potassium about 2 weeks ago and can't seem to get it under contril. I have been very sicj since my release I am on medication but it it does not seem to be helping should I see another physician or could there be other issues?

Hi Syl410
It can take up to 1 month for the medication to bring the bloodpressure down. But if you are really feeling bad on the medication ask your doctor to do a follow-up examination.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Dr Bets | 2007/12/04

Hallo Syl410
It can take up to a month for the blood pressure tablets to start working effectively - give it a bit more time unless your bloodpressure is really high (>110 at the bottom and >160 at the top) But if you are really feeling bad, rather contact your doctor for a check-up.

Reply to Dr Bets