Question
Posted by: nikiwe | 2002/12/10

Hypertension

I've been on Ziak since September 1999 and my bp has been controlled. On 7/12, I had my bp checked and it was 112/78 (I have lost about 4 kg since 7/11, have had no salt, no sugar, no sauces, no biscuits, coke, juice, fruit and little cravings from 7/11 to date). I do plan to visit my doctor before 23/12, but was curious about the drop in bp. I still take the Ziak.

Nikiwe, it’s normal for blood pressure to go up and down even in people that don’t take blood pressure medication. A blood pressure of 112/78 is nothing to worry about and certainly no reason to stop taking your medicines. If it keeps on going lower or you start experiencing symptoms like dizziness and tiredness, you can think about lowering your dosage. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Health24 | 2002/12/10

Dear Nikiwe
You may also be interested in our Hypertension Condition Centre for up-to-date information on hypertension. Go to conditions on the top of the page and select hypertension.
Kind regards
Health24

Reply to Health24