Question
Posted by: anonn | 2004/10/11

hyperhydrosis

Hi , my 14 year old daughter suffers from hyperhydrosis. At age 7 years a sympathectomy was performed and she enjoyed ± 4 years of relief from the symptoms. In the last 2 - 3 years the symptoms have returned and to a greater extent than prior to the operation.
Her hands are a major problem , but even more concerning are her feet . She is unable to wear open shoes at all as she slips out of them and in appearance it looks like she has had her feet under a tap of running water. This is now becoming not only a physical issue , but causing emotional problems as well .

Any suggestions as to alternate methods of treating this condition, or is invasive surgery our only recourse !
I would welcome your comments and those of any other subscribers with the same condition

Anonn, it seems that the surgery worked well, so I would try it a second time. Up to now it is the most permanent of the different options available and it is relatively safe. Good luck.