Question
Posted by: Leonie | 2003/01/06

Hyperactive children

I would like to find a supplement for my child she will be three in April 2003 for Hyperactive children. I know about the chewable tablets but she doesn't like it. I want something in liquid form. She is really busy. She can't consentrate for long on something like a game or even Barney for that matter and everybody that knows her feels the same way as me. She doesn't listen if you talk to her and I have tested her ears, nothing wrong. Time-out spanking nothing helps. She just ignores you and goes on with the things she is doing even though we asked her not to. She doesn't want to sleep in her own room and she is scared of almost everything, loud noises, darkness, animals, water etc. She doesn't want to walk on her own to another room even if it is daylight. This is not terrible two's she is a busy child from day one. She was not like other babies sleeping a lot etc. She was very awake.

Dear Leonie
I trust that you have had your child carefully evaluated by a Child Psychiatrist? If not, then PLEASE do so, because she may have additional problems, such as autism, and it is very important to get the correct diagnosis so that she can receive the proper treatment as soon as possible (psychotherapy, occupational therapy, etc). Please phone Sportron International at (011) 259-2200 and ask about their liquid supplement which is specially formulated for hyperactive children. But have her carefully evaluated ASAP as this may make everyone's life a lot easier.