Question
Posted by: Dawie | 2007/12/08

Hyper Tension medication and excercise

What is the best type of HT medication to be used in a normal fit and healthy male aged 38 that do cardio and gym training 6 days per week. Currently using Nebilet 5mg, BP = 130/80.

Just wanna know which is the best meds for persons training and doing endurance type excercises.

Thank you.

Dear Dawie

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Hypertension treatment should be personalised according to the effect that it has on the blood pressure, as well as the prevelance of side effects. For an athlete, I will consider using a product like Coversil. This is an ACE inhibitor and usually well tolerated by athletes.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: David | 2009/04/16

I have had the following symptoms: Soon after eating anything it feels as if i am bloated, and while breathing it hurts in the middle/just at the bottom of my ribcage. I then breathe shallower and as the day goes on i feel the tension pain in my neck muscles.This condition is worse when i lie down.Then it feels like i have swallowed a huge ball.

Reply to David
Posted by: Tinini | 2008/06/30

Im 39yrs old female,I have missed my period for a month and I know for a fact that i'm not pregnant(not sexually active).please advise wht could be the course of Hypertension

Reply to Tinini