Question
Posted by: Riana | 2012/02/24

Huskies

Fostering a bitch for two months now that is extremely jealous. We cannot give our own dog that we had for 7 years attention because the foster one attacks her. How can we prevent this of happening. I do not want to give the foster one back because she will have to go sit in a kennel and she really is an extremely busy dog.

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Riana, sorry, but any form of aggression has to be dealt with in-house by a professional and giving advice on a forum in not on - bit like teaching you to scuba dive via internet-dangerous! Please contact me via me e-mail with info on where you stay and I will put you in touch with a professional behaviourist. Thanks and you can get hold of me at scotty@scottysdog.co.za

2
Posted by: Ravi | 2012/03/13

The following is a tteler that I wrote to a Christian friend. We had been debating this issue for some time. It may help to further the discussion I''m going to take a moment to defend the Church. You say the Church should not be a coercive force  they should lead by example. I agree wholeheartedly.But you are apparently alone in your view, because the Church (esp. the Roman Catholic Church) is largely autocratic. If you are a Church follower, you will be punished for breaking from religious teachings concerning sex. I don''t necessarily mean punished in the sense of going to Hell, but also in many other ways berated by other members of your congregation or society, ostracized from your family, developing deep-rooted feelings of shame and guilt over sex, etc.In effect, the Church practices psychological warfare against their parishioners. Even your church does this, though in a much more subtle way than a Catholic church may do it.The Church''s intolerant and inflexible views on sexuality are incompatible with our enlightened modern society. They''re downright archaic! I spoke of a need for a more balanced viewpoint, one that respects the rights of the individual to have a sexually and mentally healthful life, as well as the needs of society to have stability and order.If the Church cannot, or will not, pursue this balance, they will become less relevant and less respected over time. They will lose followers. People will seek alternative forms of spirituality that are less autocratic, that have a less draconian stance.The Church has to evolve and modernize. They''ve already lost me. How many more do they want to lose?

Reply to Ravi
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2012/02/25

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert