Question
Posted by: Buffs | 2006/10/30

Husbands strange behaviour

hi all

my husband has recently started to act very strangely, since we moved into our new house actually.

He follows me all over the house. the only time im alone is when i go to the bathroom! he even sits and chats to me while im taking a bath..

my husband used to be the kind of man who comes home from work then needs an hour or so to himself to get out of the work frame of mind, now he bounces through the door and doesnt stop talking until he goes to bed.

I used to have to tiptoe around the bedroom in the morning as i wake up every morning at 5 AM (have no idea why but cant sleep later than that) and he only wakes up at 6:30, now he hops out of bed with me at 5 am and we go outside and drink tea in the garden (something we could never do in the old house as we shared property with another family).

This past weekend he wanted my oppinion on everything, dragged me out to the garden to show him where i wanted him to plant the roses where i wanted the japanese oak where i wanted ground cover then off to a fish farm to pick goldfish for our pond etc etc...

Its sweet but getting a little overbearing. every second thing out of his mouth is how much he loves me and loves living in our house with me.. before he only ever said he loved me when we were being intimate.

I know hes excited about the new house, but how do i calmly and nicely tell him that its just getting a bit too much? i dont want him to think im not happy cos i am and i dont want him to feel that i dont love being there with him cos i do.. i just want some time to myself....

Sounds like he's revelling in enjoying the new house and space with you. if you like it, tell him so. Most women would long for a man to be this caring --- so reward him, and guide him as to how to fine-tune this, as it's new to him.

4
Posted by: Sparticus | 2006/10/30

Its great to have your own house. I was always proud of our first house. It changes your outlook on life and makes you feel great. Savour the moments. Soon he,ll have to start maintaining it and then you can do your hair while he stays at home. All men dont feel the same and therefore he would appear to be stange. Do as my wife would do- she manages my attitude so that i feel in charge and she gets me to do what what needs to be done. By the way, our current house will never ever be sold and it is my kingdom. Perhaps we could afford better but i will not move...

Reply to Sparticus
Posted by: buffs | 2006/10/30

i do think its very sweet of him.. i really do and getting the attention is nice too but i also like to come home from work and just be alone for a little while y'know, then i get accused of being "miserable' cos im not bouncing around like a bunny on a sugar high.. lol

Reply to buffs
Posted by: Chelle | 2006/10/30

I think you should just leave things for a little while. Give him time to settle down and get into some new routine, and I'm sure his over attentive ways will die down a little.

If not, then you can have a nice chat with him and tell him that you need some "alone time" and reassure him that you enjoy his company etc.

But be careful what you wish for sometimes. These things come back and bite us where we don't like to be bitten! :-)

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: Envy | 2006/10/30

So what is the problem? I think he now has his own space to be himself and is enjoying your company.

Reply to Envy