Question
Posted by: Tired | 2007/06/22

Husbands Irrational

I have an old replacement phone from work , since I had dropped mine and has been set for repairs.The phone is old so the battery needs to be recharged often even if the phone is hardly used .

Yesterday my husband comes home from work and sees the phone charging , he asks y is the battery dead so quickly , I said it is a silly old phone the battery is not very good , he waits then says you must be receiving a lot of calls for the battery to die , to which I reply not really just a1 or 2 work calls and one about a new job , he waits then says "but i thought you said it is because the battery is a problem now you are saying because you received calls" At this point I am a bit irritated and reply with such a tone that "it is because the bateery is old , faulty whatever and the fact that I received calls " he gets mad that I am irritated . He does this often , and he expects nobody to get irritated with his continuous questions . I have told him about this that I feel that his questioning takes the line of of accusations and that is y I get annoyed , he said I must learn to speak to him properly.
I try ignoring his questioning but it is very difficult . Now because of what I said he is not talking to me .
How can I deal with his behavior without getting upset.

How very annoying ! How childish of him ! Marriage counselling might help the pair of you to work something out, but if he refuses to go, there's not a lot you can do other than try to ignore this nonsense from him. Might he consider entering counselling if he thought it was intended to sort you out and deal with the problems he has with you ?

3
Posted by: Tired | 2007/06/22

he wont consider conselling . I have tried that I have suggested conselling on the pretense that I need to understand what I am doing wrong. Beside conselling what do you think is the best way to handle this behaviour ?

Reply to Tired
Posted by: joey | 2007/06/22

He sounds like a real pain - glad I'm not you - good luck.

Reply to joey
Posted by: Tired | 2007/06/22

sorry i did not mention , he does this with everything .whether I go shopping with the kids , take the kids to friends , if he is going out for work at night , the next day it is a hundred questions about what we did who called , who visited . he does not see that he is annoying , he wont go for conselling.

Reply to Tired