Question
Posted by: Kat | 2005/11/28

Husband's bowel movements

My husband has extremely loose bowel movements every day, it's like watery diarrhoea, he goes to the loo every morning at least 3 times. Is this normal, or should he have it checked out? He has been like this ever since I know him, and is otherwise fine.

Kat, it doesn’t sound normal, but I suppose it isn’t dangerous either. Have you tried giving him bran in the morning? The easiest would probably to see a gastroenterologist and make sure that nothing is the matter, but I doubt that you have to be worried. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Kathryn | 2005/11/28

How long have you known him for ? If it has been for YEARS, then - yes - he is probably fine. Maybe he drinks too much coffee in the mornings, (like me). Many people get diarrhoea in the mornings only. Its fairly normal. He should be the right weight for his height, however. Do you know what his BMI is? He shouldn't be losing any weight and he shouldn't be anaemic either.

Reply to Kathryn