Posted by: Amy | 2009/11/30


My Husband wants me to move out before divorce is finalised. I initially received summons on 9/10/09. Prior to this he insisted that I move out in a letter that I received from him. Emotionally I can no longer handle the torment that he puts me tru. We have 2 teen kids who will be moving with me. He is filing thru the NE divorce court. I have since engaged an attorney. I have also found a place to rent as of January. Do I claim maintenance from him in the interim and how is this done? WHat happens if he does not want to pay? Thus far and application has been made by my attorney for the Fam Advocate. Can anyone advise how long it takes after visit to FA for a trial date.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hi Amy,

pls contact me for a legal referral.
I do know though that in order to receive maintenance in the interim you can ask for a rule 43.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.