Question
Posted by: worried wife | 2005/05/26

Husband urinating blood

Good day Cyber doc

My husband age 44 has been passing blood first in his stool, he was hospitalized and a specialist surgeon performed all sorts of tests, "possible diverticulities irritation". With medication symptoms stopped. No major pain, slight tenderness in his abdomen. This was not the first incident, last year also he had such a flare up. GP treated with meds. Symptoms subsided. Now as of yesterday he is urinating blood, it is very dark in colour and has a terrible odour. He went back to specialist, who took samples and took blood tests. What else can be done to get to the bottom of this. His father had testicular cancer at the age of 40 and was cured. Then at the age of 60 the entire internal organs i.e. liver, stomach etc were cancerous, no more op or treatment possible, he died literally wasting away. What should I be looking out for or what can Dr's investigate so that my husband does not walk about with cancer growing inside of him with no one detecting it until it is too late. He never complains, I am the worry pot. But this is just happening too much. They have ruled out kidney stones. Sorry if my message is somewhat garbled, but if you had any other advise I would really appreciate it.

thank you

WW, it sounds like he might have a bleeding disorder rather than cancer, but he will have to go for all the tests again – cystoscopy, ultrasound, blood tests, MRI (if necessary). Luckily a cancer that bleeds is a fairly easy thing to find, so you don’t have to worry about cancer too much. Good luck

1
Posted by: pp | 2005/05/26

I had the same , had a colospicy , itternal of the colon and they found pollops I had them removed because when they grow to 15mm or more they could become cancerous . have examination soonets

Reply to pp