Question
Posted by: TDI | 2005/07/28

Husband said i am a bitch

Is it right for ones husband to call her a bitch infront of people even though they are your friends?

Probably not, but any way it probably signals that you two need to have some serious discussions togetherm, and to consider marriage counselling

7
Posted by: De Bruyn | 2005/07/31

Only you know if he was justified, but even then, he shouldn't have called you that in public. Doc is right. Maybe you both need some counselling.

If he was justified because of your treatment of him, then you both need to do some thinking.

Hope it comes right.

Reply to De Bruyn
Posted by: Classic | 2005/07/29

TDI = was there cause for him to say such?if not then the next time he does so in company maybe you should tell him that you could sue him for calling you a bitch.
You could go to court and get a restraining order (peace order)for calling you names.
Sit him down if you can, explain this to him, let him know how it hurts you being called such.
Good luck.

Reply to Classic
Posted by: Baby B | 2005/07/29

My ex-husband started calling me that too. Later, I was called far worse names. If someone starts to break you down verbally, it becomes physical and psycological later on. It can destroy you.

Ask him for a heart to heart chat. Tell him how you feel about it and ask him not to do it again, because it breaks you down. If he doesn't take note of your pleas, pack your bags and go stay somewhere for a while and tell him it WILL become permanent if he doesn't work on his attitude.

If THAT doesn't work, divorce him.

Reply to Baby B
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/07/28

hi there

no, its a sign that he doesn't respect you ....

personally, i feel if you can't treat others with disrespect you have no self respect, if you have no self respect you don't have what it takes to treat others with the respect he needs

i'm sure he also complains that you are not giving him enough sex - and he has no idea that every time you "have a headach" you actually have "heartache"

without respect and trust you have nothing girl - i would not want to be in your shoes for any money in the world
hope you survive

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Jemma | 2005/07/28

I really think that respect for each other is one of the courner stones of a good relationship and calling each other names is just not on.

Reply to Jemma
Posted by: GTI | 2005/07/28

No. Not even behind one's friends.....

Reply to GTI
Posted by: Star | 2005/07/28

Depends in what light it was said. But no, i don't think so.

Reply to Star