Question
Posted by: Nikki | 2004/01/16

Husband never at home

My husband met a friend two years ago, a pub owner. Since then, he go to the pub every day after work, and only comes home at 8, 9 oclock in the evening. Our children is suffering because of that, and me as well!

I talk to him about it alot, but it has a negative effect.

What can I do to make life at home more interesting? How can I win him back?

I know he loves me, it is just that we as a family need more time together, and he does not think it is necessary.

OK, it could b worse, but of course this is selfish behavour on his part. Maybe he is lonely and not comfortable outside of the superficial male copmpany of a pub. I wonder if you talk WITH him a lot, or grouse AT him a lot ? Itd be very tempting to do the latter, as he is being unreasonable, but it's not the most effective way to get his genuine attention. Maybe you could get a friend or family member to serve as a babysiter, and join him some times, saying pleasantly that if the pub is so much fun that he finds it irresistable to spend some hours there every evening, you want to see what you've been missing out on, and besides it's so lonely waiting at home for him. GO with him, be pleasant, let him pay for the drinks, and maybe it'd help him get this into better perspective ?

1
Posted by: oh dear | 2004/01/16

Consider yourself lucky he comes home at that time! And you know where he is till then. My Ex used to be out till 2 or 3 in the morning, and I had no idea where he was!! He also could not understand that his family wanted him at home.
A divorce was the only way to go for us.

I hope you can work it out with your bubby. I am sorry, I cannot give you advice, but I just wanted you to know that you are not alone in this situation.

Good luck.

Reply to oh dear