Posted by: Sieda | 2009/12/22

Husband hearing problem

My husband had a hearing problem before we got married and he had a operation done to fix it. As a young boy he damaged his ear whilst on the sportfiield and it was never seen to.He is completely deaf in the one ear. I am on medical aid now please let me know what is my next step to help him hearing properly again as this is sometimes very embarrassing. His first op was 24 years ago and he is 46 years old now please help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Sieda

Your husband will need to see an ENT for an opinion regarding the degree and type of his hearing loss. It will be helpfull to know what type of surgery he had if at all possible. An audiogram will have to be done, and then an ENT surgeon will advise you on possible management. This will depend on his results.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.