Question
Posted by: Bokka | 2006/07/17

Husband have low sperm count

Dear Fertility Expert

First of all, thank you for availing yourself to this forum.

We have been trying to conceive for 1yr and 4months now. I am 27 and my husband is 28. I have had myself check out and my Dr said no problems with me however my husband has a very low sperm count. Our Dr put us on Staminogro and have been taking it for 4 months. He went for a follow up test last week and we got the results today. I was wondering if you could give me an indication whether these results are good or bad and if we have any chance in conceiving naturally, alnternatively is there any suggestions from you side on what we can do to improve my husbands spermcount.

- sperm count: 15 million/ml
- Motility : 45 %
- Progression : 1-2
- morphology :6 %
- dna damage 49%

Thanking you in advance.

Dear Bokka

The most important aspect of a sperm analysis is the sperm morphology and in this case is only 6%. Although the sperm count is slightly depressed, it is not abnormal as a minimum normal count should 10 million or more.

Another important aspect is the DNA damage which is 49%. Based on the results I suggest that 2-3 IUI attempts be made. Should these be unsuccessful, then I would suggest that you proceed directly to IVF.

1
Posted by: bokka | 2006/07/18

Thank you very much for your reply. Could you give me an idea of what IUI will more or less cost?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Reply to bokka