Posted by: Lilly | 2012/08/30

husband has genital warts

My husband has just dicovered he has genital warts. We think its from his previous sexual partner. We have been together for 3,5 years. I am really worried of all the implications, today we will find out which strain and if its a high res cancer related one. What can I do? i had a regular pap smear 6 months ag owhich was clear I belive you can still get it using acondom ia skin. Do you only get it when there is anoutbreak/ can see wart? I am really scared and dont knowwhat to do. I love my husband and our 2 year old more than anything.
regards, Lilly

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You are at risk for getting HPV, even with condom use. All you can do is have regular pap smears. Your husband should be treated and you should avoid sex till this has happened.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.