Question
Posted by: T | 2006/04/06

Husband breaks everything we have.

My husband and I share Household goods. I work far, so I don't have control over our goods eg ensuring the car,house is well taken care of, so he does.

The car has scratches all over. He has now broken the sound system. I also picked up he has damaged the wall surrounding our house. He says it was a mistake. The garden is a mess.

When I try speak to him he tells me he ll fix them, and he never does. The car is in my name, and I m currently using public transport because he broke it. Its sitting at home with a whole lot of issues ie breakpads not working (Has'nt been working for the past 6 months and he says he ll fix them and he never did even today), engine oil tank licking, needs a service and tyres need to be replaced.

I m heavily pregnant and really struggling to walk to work now. I m paying a lot of money for the car that is at home, with a potential to be fixed but for some reason my husband takes everything for granted.

He has a job, but always find an excuse about money to fix all these things. When I get home everything is a mess, house dirty, CD's missing etc

I m running out of patience.

he must pay to have the car fixed, and then you should not allow him to use it aain ---if he cant respect and care for things belonging to you, or to both of you, he should not be allowed to have access to them. From the sound of it, it'd be dangerous to rely on any car HE had fixed, even if he every got round to it, as he sounds too sloppy to trust. he should pay for a mechanic to do the job properly.
As d says, you married a child --- a spoilt and careless child. He seems to be making a terrible job of being a husband --- can you imagine him being a proper father ? IS this relationship worth it to you ? Would you be better off separated, and with a court order to require him to pay maintenance ?

4
Posted by: Charlie | 2006/04/06

Hi T
I would say from myexperience you need to look for substance abuse or use, the mind is amazing thing and can hide this kind if behaviour from the one's even close to us.
The fact that you are pregnant and you have to take public transport shows he is lost in thought and his mind is solving other problems (Addictions???) his type of behaviour you describe just sounds so out of the ordinary, and I would look hard into the past.
Good luck in this period of your life, and may it go well with pregnancy.
"Keep em eye's peeled"

Reply to Charlie
Posted by: Holla | 2006/04/06

This sounds like a spoilt snobish lazy child....

Reply to Holla
Posted by: d | 2006/04/06

It seems you married a child.

Reply to d
Posted by: d | 2006/04/06

It seems you married a child.

Reply to d