Posted by: TINA | 2009/09/11


On Wednesday my husband wote a letter to me asking me for a divorce. We married 20+ years. In his letter he accused me of having an affair and said that I must leave quietel, sign divorce papers and he will not expose me to anyone. I knew that I am not having an affair and that there is nothing to expose. So i didnt sign papers. I found out the ffg day (yesterday) that is in fact having an affair with a married lady. He says she is a client but his phone records shows SMS' s from his phone late in the night and several.
My husband still wants a divorce &  I don' t.
Is it advisable to contact the husband or should I leave it alone. This is not the first affair he' s had and previously got away.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Sounds like you reacted corectly in rejecting these demands if they are based on false accusations. You should see a lawyer yourself, and make it clear you sill sue for damages should he continue to spread false allegations about you. And reminding him that it is HE who has a history of agffairs, not you. WOMAN makes sense

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: BYE | 2009/09/11

Well he wants to go, let him go. Of course get legal advice because you not gonna " leave quietly"  by not getting what is due to you. Revenge, however, only makes you as hateful as them. No matter how much you try to get back at him, it' s not gonna change how he feels about you, so why not rather elegantly bow out and show them how a class act does it.
PS  He has lost in a big way, not you. Chrerish yourself.

Reply to BYE
Posted by: Woman | 2009/09/11

Get legal advice. Why do you want to stay married to a lying, cheating bastard. My advice is to sue him for everything he has, and then sue his so called girlfriend for breaking up your marriage. After everything is public, scan his letter to you and Email it to all his family, clients and friends. Bastard!!!

Reply to Woman

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.