Posted by: Mokkie | 2012/04/15


Hi Doc, we are in our early 50''s and my husband is having problems with his penis lately. It seems that the foreskin is getting too " small"  and cracks when he becomes aroused. Urinating is painfull. Is there an ointment one can use? What specialist should one see? Somebody mentioned circumcision but isn''t that a bit dramatic at this age?
As always thank you for your advice

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


Your husband will have to consult an urologist. If the foreskin is too small, due to fibrosis of the skin, a circumcision will in fact be the answer. Unfortunately, there is no over the counter medication that will work for the painful cracks, as it will repeat. In the interim, your husband can apply Apor cream, as he might have a yeast infection that is complicating the problem. Painful urination must be examined by the urologist, as it is possible that he might have an urinary tract infection.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.