Posted by: Carol | 2008/09/19

Hurt, disapointed and miserable

Hey CS , how u doing ???? hows new kitty ????

MY youngest , the new father that was living with us with GF and baby ???? is back on drugs .... I suspected it two weeks ago when he was begging me for money .

His GF found out and packed his bags for him and left them on the pavement.

He arrived at my eldest sons flat , who promptly had him arrested for trespassing and disturbing the peace , my eldest has been clean for two years now and has no intention whatsoever of putting up with his druggie baby brother.

Youngest also stopped taking his bipolar meds , so the wheels are going to come off fast ... very fast.

Its made me wonder if he ever had any intention of staying clean ???? it sure as hell doesnt look like it , in the three months he has been back in Jo' burg he has had 4 jobs !!!!!!

It makes me sick to my stomach ... the amount of money I have gone through once again to try and help him ...... he has a 6 month old baby ......

My only consolation is the fact that I have such a good relationship with his GF so I wont loose contact with my grandbaby and she will always be part of my family.

LIfe gets too much for me sometimes .....:(

getting by, mainly by keeping as busy as possible. Kitty's still shredding me quite often, accidentally, but none the less painful for that. Becomes more affectionate by the day.
Ech. Your boy knows exactly what happens when he gets back on drugs, and chose to go that avoidable route. Your other son may sound ruthless but is probably being sensible and applying tough love as one should.
Maybe in an odd way it may be as well if his wheels DO come off, if that lands him in compulsory rehab and a situation in which he will have to resume the bipolar meds.
As nina says, you've had so many ups and downs, so though this is surely a down, there should be an up on its way

Posted by: lady nina | 2008/09/19

hi carol

i' m sory to hear you sounding so down today, i feel much the same so can' t really tell you anyhting that might make you feel better.

all i know is that we' ve been " friends"  for a long time
and as a " friend"  i know that the sun will shine again .... lets hold on till that day

take care

Reply to lady nina