Question
Posted by: Hurt | 2006/11/08

Hurt by family and friends

I'm going through a really rough time financially after getting divorced and its gotten to the point where I dont know where I'm going to get money. When I had some money my sister and father asked me to lend them money as they were flat broke and i had a bit to spare and ending lending each of them R1000, so that is R2000 outstanding when I approached either of them to borrow me money as I need to have money to get to work etc. both of them said that they dont have and what are they supposed to do about it. I then approached my friend or owes me lots but I never asked it back and she said that she would help and now she refuses to take my calls. I have no clue what to do now, as I have already starting selling things in my house, but how can my family and friends use me like this. I always help them and now for the first time in 8 years I'm asking them something and it seems as if im asking the world. I'm just so hurt that I feel like crying.

What they were supposed to do about it was to respect the fact that they borrowed the moeny from you and needed as soon as possible to arrange to be able to pay it back to you. So for a start, STOP lending money to ANYONE else. And check with legal advice, but remind your "friend" formally, of how much she has borrowed from you, that these were NOT gifts, and that she MUST make arrangements with you to pay it back.

2
Posted by: Jenine | 2006/11/08

Lol Echelle, that sounds funny!
But there you go Hurt!
Good luck, I hope you'll be okay!!

Reply to Jenine
Posted by: Echelle | 2006/11/08

A few days ago I read in the Bible - if someone owes you money and they don't want to give it back you must never rest until you get it back - something like that - okay, I don't know why that stands in the Bibile either. It's not the exact words, but only what I can remember.

Reply to Echelle