Question
Posted by: Tia | 2004/11/10

Hurt

My gal just told me 2 stop calling her & stay away from her & when I asked her why, she said it's because she just realised that she was in love with love itself, can anyone out there tell me what she meant by that.............

Sometimes someone just falls in love with the idea of being in love, without actually paying enough atention to the actual person they use to enable them to play out this fantasy. It doesn't say anything nice about her, and you are probably well rid of her, that she was prepared to use you, and not to care about your feelings, to enoy the idea of being in love and having a bf, without having a proper caring relationship with you.
And maybe she's also quoting an OLD song, "Falling in love with love ( is falling for makebelieve). "

10
Posted by: Cindy | 2004/11/10

All the bad came back to haunt her and maybe realised that you had not changed at all. she is simply saving herself from getting hurt all over again. It just might be too late for you. If you are really serious you'll have to earn her trust and accordingly but if you are just looking for playtime. Move on and be immature on your own. Woman will continue leaving you if you treat them badly

Reply to Cindy
Posted by: Rachel | 2004/11/10

Well thats obviously why shes left you. You cant blame her really as you have hyrt her before. I think that she might have got back together with you but in her mind shes gotten over you. Move on.

Reply to Rachel
Posted by: Tia | 2004/11/10

I forgot 2 mention that I left her the first time around 2 b with another lady, we broke up & I got back 2gether with this one & the next thing she tells me never 2 call her again.............

Reply to Tia
Posted by: Tia | 2004/11/10

I hurt her very badly, I'm actually her ex & we just got back 2gether, one day she confessed that she was falling in love with me all over again & I told her that I cared 4 her & that we should just go with the flow & c what happens, I also did some stupid things 2 her of which I regret, I think what she meant was that she loved me & I didn't love her back, now I've lost her......

Reply to Tia
Posted by: Cindy | 2004/11/10

How was the relationship in the first place? If it was okay find out if she is not going through a difficult time. some people simply push away the people they love when they are going through something. How did you contribute towards her current feelings.

Reply to Cindy
Posted by: me | 2004/11/10

It means that she had enough of you. You just don't fit the bill!

Reply to me
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/10

Hi Tia,

Sorry to say so, but yes, I think she meant exactly what she said.

It is possible to be "in love" with the concept of "love" & express it or profess it in such a way that one can think one is "in love", but what really is the case is that one could be wanting "to belong" or want "romance" that you can convince yourself you are "in love".

I think you should be lucky that she came to this realisation now rather than later. It must be very heart-breaking for you at the moment as you might have really been into her, but I think the best thing for you to do is respect her wishes.

Sometimes, people just need to be shown what they have to realise what they may be losing.

After all, isn't "love" about respecting to your partner enough to know when to let go...

Take care,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Kernel | 2004/11/10

It means she never loved you.

Reply to Kernel
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/11/10

It seems like she liked the idea of having a boyfriend and the romance that goes with it, instead of really being in love with you.
Whatever she means though, the message is clear that she doesn't want to have contact - it's a hard thing to hear - but don't try and analyse too much what she meant.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: Girl | 2004/11/10

My god? In love with love? What the hell is she on about? I dont think she wants to be with you anymore and thats the only way to break up with you.

Sorry buddy.

Reply to Girl