Question
Posted by: girlie | 2004/11/11

hunger attack

I always have breakfast and lunch but then every day at 4/5 I get so hungry i can kill for food! Why does this happen? I have yoghurt and Special K in the mornings and a salad or pasta for lunch. help!

Dear Girlie
It sounds as if you may suffer from hypoglycaemia, which causes a drop in blood sugar levels particularly in the late afternoon. Start eating 6 small meals a day (split up the 3 large meals into 6 smaller ones) and make quite sure that you eat something around 4 pm, as this is the 'worst' time if you have hypoglycaemia. You also need to eat foods with a low glycaemic index (click on 'Diet' and 'Diet Basics' and read the articles on the Glycaemic Index). Foods with a low GI keep your blood sugar levels constant for longer. Avoid foods with a high GI such as refined, white bread, rice, potatoes, etc. I would also advise you to go for a general medical checkup to see if you do suffer from hypoglycaemia.
Hope you feel less hungry soon

1
Posted by: sugar | 2004/11/11

Dit gebeur soms met my ook.My bloedsuiker val gereeld en as ek 'n vrug eet voel ek beter.Miskien is dit jou bloedsuiker wat val. Ek het al geleer as ek ses klein etes op 'n dag eet gebeur dit nie sommer nie.

Reply to sugar