Question
Posted by: Lerato | 2005/12/13

Hung up on Mom

My mom called me yesterday and without saying hello, she accused me of stealing her cd (i know its petty) and i told her i didnt take it and she insisted i did. I aksed her why she doesnt greet me and she went on about the cd that i supposedly stole/took. I then dropped the call while she was talking cause i got really angry at her. I have a good excuse though (i'm going thru PMS), do you think i should apologise even though she was accusing me falsely?
She is a psychologist and should know how to talk to people.....

Excellent response from Valkyrie

2
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/12/13

Thank you CS.

Reply to Valkyrie
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/12/13

Lerato: My late mom phoned me one day and before I could say anything she jumped down my throat. I cant remenber what it was about. I just kept quiet and let her blow off steam. When she realized I was not answering she asked very agitated "are you listening to me?' I smiled and said - mom I dont have a choice, but lets start at the beginning. Hi mom.......she apologized and we sorted out the problem. Which by the way was not even my fault. I suggest give your mom a call and ask her with a smile in your voice whether you can speak to her now. Firstly, you want to apologize for putting the phone down and seeing that she had her say would she allow your to say yours now. Then exlain about the cd. I'm sure the two of you will wort it out.
Even moms have their bad days even if they are psychologist it does not make them super human.

Reply to Valkyrie