Question
Posted by: Shell | 2007/04/19

Humane Mouse Trap

Hi all!

Does anyone perhaps know where I could find a humane mouse trap in Cape Town? Im in the Blouberg area and have already tried De La Rey (Builders Warehouse).

Thanks in advance!

If you have a mouse problem have you considered getting a cat? Even if traps are considered "humane" they often snag the mouse / rat in such a way that they suffer quite a lot before dying.

5
Posted by: Santie Louw | 2016/01/06

Coopers Environmental Science has a trap for mice that works on a spring door mechanism, I have personally caught a mouse that way. I would just say that you need to check the trap daily, keep it full of food and a bit of water even so you can safely relocate the mouse without having starved it first. http://www.cooperses.com/product-detail/multi-trap-plastic/ EcoSolutions Urban Ecology do the Owl housing etc. http://ecosolutions.co.za/ Good luck!

Reply to Santie Louw
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/04/28

Hi Did you find a humane trap yet?? I could only find one but at a price of R1,400.00??

Posted by: Joni | 2007/04/20

I know there is an owl box project in Jhb. We are getting one at work and in agreement with our neighbours everyone will stop using rat poison so that we can get owls back into the area. I will chat to the guy on Monday and find out if they are doing something similar in Cape Town. Might be a cure to your problem. Apparently this is working soo well in Jhb and Sandton.

Reply to Joni
Posted by: Shell | 2007/04/19

!!! I dont want the mouse to die !!!

Unfortunately a cat is not an option as Im away for extended periods.

Any other advice would be much appreciated.

Reply to Shell | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/04/26

Did u find a trap? Iam in Somerset west and looking for a cage trap for rats