Question

human Chorionic Gonadotrophin

Hello- I have a question about a medicine box i found in my boyfriends bathroom. I just want to know what it is and what its used for, because it looks very suspicious and when i askd him abt it he just said its for pain. On the box its written "human Chorionic Gonadotrophin 1500" and theres tiny tubes in the box like vials. What is this stuff and what is he doing with it?

Dear Anon
HCG, or Human chorionic gonadotropin , which is derived from the urine of pregnant women, is an injectable drug available commercially. Among athletes, HCG is used to stimulate natural testosterone production during or after a steroid cycle which has caused natural levels to be reduced. Stopping a steroid cycle abruptly, especially when endogenous androgens are absent, can cause a rapid loss in the athlete's newly acquired muscle. When HCG is used to stimulate natural production, a notably pronounced crash may be avoided.
It is also sometimes prescribed for men with low testosterone levels
Ask him why he is using it?