Posted by: Lu | 2008/08/21

I just need to know how to cope with a husband that has a serious sinus problem. He has used just about every medication possible. He just cant sleep, nose always blocked and has headaches very often.His coughing is also agrivated because of the sinus drip he has.
Could you just mention a few names of medicines that he could
try, maybe one of yours will help afterall.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Which meds have he tried? You mentioned that he have tried just about everything!

If this is a chronic problem I'd suggest seeing an ENT

Posted by: bmj | 2008/08/22

Lu, I am a sinus sufferer. This is what I find helps me in the long run.

1. I never ever use decongestants - tablets or sprays as it makes the problems 10 times worse once I stop.
2. Every day, morning and evening, I snort up salt/bicarb/water mixture -it is gross, but it works.
3. Every day morning and night I use Beclate cortisone spray.

During my last severe infection, it was so bad, i lost my sense of taste and smell. My breath stank, I snored and it felt like I had cement in my nose when I tried to lie down. I went to my GP who put me on a 10 day coyrse of Avalon antibiotics, with Prednisone tablets 4 once a day for 5 days plus the above.

The first 48 hours was hell. I had to take a sleeping tablet at night. Then I culd taste and smell. Now I can comfortably breathe through my nose - even when I sleep. I will have to do the first for life.

Reply to bmj
Posted by: Lu | 2008/08/22

I really do not know anymore!!!
But I am sure people that are going to read this call for help, will help us
Somewhere along the line there just must be some sort of medication that has to help.

Reply to Lu
Posted by: theo | 2008/08/21

have the same problem as lu what is the best medicaton

Reply to theo