Question
Posted by: lola | 2004/12/15

HUGE PROBLEM

Hi..

It’s really hard for me to have to write about this but I find that at the moment I have A HUGE PROBLEM!... I'm in my second trimester of pregnancy and I have lost the urge for sex completely! I feel that if I never do it again it will be to soon.... I feel terrible as my husband is a very sexually active guy and I used to be the same but at the moment I try and make an excuse why we shouldn't make love and I am afraid that it might cause some problems in our marriage.

Is this normal? What can I do to change the way I feel?

Thanks.

It is quite normal to lose your libido during pregnancy. Explain this to your husband and ask him to be supportive.

2
Posted by: Didi | 2004/12/15

I know how you feel. And yes, it can cause problems and I have had to give in sometimes to. Other times I am stubborn and think to myself ' Why must I give in. No is no...'
My hubby is very understanding. I feel so guilty for not wanting sex. I love him so much and I think he is the greatest in the world. BUT I still think never will be to soon...

Reply to Didi
Posted by: Norma | 2004/12/15

I think it is normal, my boy is 5 months old and some days I still feel like never will be to soon....
Your hormones are up and down and hubby needs to understand, maybe you should get him a book on pregnancy and read it with him. But you also have to think positive about it, and you have to give in sometimes, like you said it could cause problems.....

Do something different and get in the mood........

Reply to Norma