Question
Posted by: ncebza | 2007/03/28

Huge Appetite

I have a huge appetite, I eat even if its not necessary or when I'm not hungry. I used to take Depo provera which I guess gives you appetite but I stopped taking it in February, so what causes this appetite and I always feel guilty that I'm eating when I'm not suppoed to, am I Bulimic?

Should I use appetite suppressors?

Dear Ncebza
The question is: "Are you overweight and do you want to lose weight?" I don't think you are bulimic because bulimia is characterised by gorging followed by vomiting or purging to get rid of the food. If you have a hearty appetite and you are not overweight, then stop feeling guilty about it. If you are overweight then you need to control your appetite and learn to eat when your body signals that it is hungry. It is possible that you may have psychological reasons for overeating (e.g. using food as a crutch or as a 'comfort'?)and you could benefit from consulting a clinical psycholgist to find more appropariate ways of reacting. Please leave appetite suppressants alone - they can so easily lead to addiction, cost a lot of money, and cause a long list of negative side-effects.

2
Posted by: Ncebza | 2007/04/02

Nceb I can't just eat my dear, I'm concerned about my wait as I've gained, from size 34 to 36 which is not good. I dont want to be fat and its a health risk so I'll try to control my eating cause I am gaining wait.

Will see a phycologist as well.

Reply to Ncebza
Posted by: Nceb | 2007/03/28

Yidla wena uma ulambile....

Reply to Nceb