Question
Posted by: Nay | 2006/07/21

Hubby wants baby

I am 32 year old mother of three and my hubby now wants to have another.It's not like we cannot afford it but, it is getting a bit depressing because I love children so much and I feel that they should get alot of attention according to their individual needs. Unfortunately we live with my parents whom are getting old very miserably and can't seem to handle the kids in the house. They are constantly being shouted at. We are in process of buying a house & I just feel that the three we have is enough. Even the kids are now begging for another brother. What if it's not a boy.Besides, look at the world we're living in.Rape & murder everywhere.

32 isn't a great age for having a new child ; and having a baby in the household you describe doesn't sound like a brilliant idea, either. What does your husband expect to get from a new baby that he doesn't already get from the existing thre children ? And focussing on anticipating a new BROTHER, could be really bad for a little girl if that's who arrived. I'll bet anyone that if it was your husband who had to cary and then give birth to the new child, and then care for it, he wouldn't want one

3
Posted by: lisa | 2006/07/24

I wish my hubby would say that to me, I desperatly want another one and he's gone and had a vasectomy.

Reply to lisa
Posted by: Chelle | 2006/07/21

What does your husband say to the concerns you have raised? They're all very valid reasons not to have another child, and having your other children telling you they want a brother is definitely no reason to give this consideration, or to feel bad for not having another child.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: same thing | 2006/07/21

Hey if you are happy, confortaable with what you have then stick to that, this days, our hubbies cannot be trusted, the next thing he will meet someone young and he will leave you with the kids, now ask youself a question will you be able to handle 4 kids alone should something like that happen.

Reply to same thing