Question
Posted by: Linda | 2004/12/01

Hubby tell every one that I'm Hiv positive

My hubby we broke up and he took everthing that he bought for me. and now I got new b/f and he told him that I'm hiv positive. He congradualate him fo finding someone he loves and that he welcomes him to the world of aids. Now I don't know what to do pleas help me

Your Ex-hubby had no right to breach your confidence and tell anyone about your HIV status, and probably only did it to be mean ( taking back everything he gave you sounds mean, too). But it was definitely your duty to tell your new bf of your HIV status, for many good reasons. I understand that you say you were going to tell him, and hadn't yet had sex, and it is up to you to find a suitable time and opportunity.
What to do ? Depends on what needs to be done. You obviously need to talk with the bf, and find out how he feels about this, and sort things out together. As for the mean and nasty ex, check with one of the AIDS/ HIV hotlines on the legalities, but you might be able to get a restraining order from a court to stop him maliciously spreading gossip about you.

6
Posted by: Cat | 2004/12/04

Hi Linda,

He told your bf cos he's obviously jealous and does not want you to be happy.
You should definately take legal action against him - what he did was wrong.
It's understandable that you didn't tell your bf at the start of the relationship cos people are easily scared off by the notion of the disease.
Don't let your ex- cause anymore unhappiness in your life, show him that you are much stronger than he is - take legal action!

Reply to Cat
Posted by: Linda | 2004/12/01

yes kernel He was my first lover

Reply to Linda
Posted by: Kernel | 2004/12/01

Did you contract HIV from your husband? Otherwise I can't understand why he is so mean to you.

Reply to Kernel
Posted by: Inc | 2004/12/01

Linda... no one has the right to disclose your status and no one has the right to make you disclose your status. You can sue your ex for what he has done. Also, your status is no one's business... if you disclose your status at the beginning of a relationship, you will face rejection. As long as you are taking the responsibility of protecting yourself and your partner, it is not necessary to disclose.

Reply to Inc
Posted by: Linda | 2004/12/01

Yes I am but I never told him first was about to tell him everything, and we were still new in this relationship lucky we never sleep together

Reply to Linda
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/01

Your Ex has no right to tell your boyfriend that you are HIV. Are you? or is he trying to stir up shit for you because he is jealous? If you are HIV Positive, it is your responsibility to tell the new person in your life. He has a right to know.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS