Question
Posted by: wees | 2007/04/02

hubby loosing time / black outs?

On a few occasions when my husband has been really stressed he has 'lost time'. He disappears for a number of hours and latter cannot remembe what he has been doing. He is really scared by these episodes. There is also no substance abuse.
This started last year about Sept and has happened about 4 times when he had a disappointment such as loosing is job.
He has suppressed the memories of all these bad occurances taht i believe is the cause of these time lapses.
He is scared to seek help - i think he feels like they will lock him up and throw away the key.
I am extremely concerned for him - what can we do?

These do sound like odd episodes, rather like fugues, and may occur i someone under high levels of stress --- he really needs to see a good local psychiarist asap for a thorough assessment, and advice on treatment, before something more serious develops. This could be purely psychological or related to a form o epilepsy, either way it can be helped

3
Posted by: RMC | 2007/04/03

Turned out one of my friends was having peitt mal seizures caused by stress

Reply to RMC
Posted by: *** | 2007/04/03

I know a man who used to "lose time" - it was due to stress. He needed to take leave AND see a counsellor. Good luck.

Reply to ***
Posted by: Annelize | 2007/04/02

For all you know it's nothing serious. But it might be something that can develop into something serious and then he wil be sorry that he did not go. Mabe it's out of pride that he decided not to go. Men don't like to seem like they are weak.

Reply to Annelize