Question
Posted by: Lin | 2007/06/25

Hubby has no reflexes...

I only noticed it noe. He has the basic reflexes like taking his hand away if burned. But if you sudenly throw a ball at him he wont duck or slam the ball away. He says he just cant. He also suffers from a sleep problem. It's not apnea or Restless legs or LMD nor is it Narcolepsy. He went to a sleep clinic to be tested. They could only find that he reaches REM very quickly and sleeps in a very deep state. He'll fall asleep whilst driving sometimes. He'll sit up and watch his favourite tv program and then fall asleep. He'll be talking and the next moment he's fat asleep.
Could the reflex problem and sleep problem be connected?
What can we do about both?

Dear Lin
I think your husband needs to see a neurologist - there could be a connection and it may even be a kind of epilepsy. If you can, try to take the results from the sleep clinic with. One will have to make a diagnosis first before suggesting any treatment but I think it needs urgent attention as he can injure himself in a motor accident.