Question
Posted by: BETH | 2007/05/16

HUBBLY-BUBBLY MACHINES

I was referred to your site by DietDoc. Is the hubbly-bubbly machines dangerous or not? I have a 17 year old son. The kids use it like nothing. A friend of mine who was a smoker tried it once and said it made him want to smoke again. Is there any nicotine in those machines and what are they smoking?

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Beth,

it realy depends on the tobacco being used - there are some nicotine-free fruit flavoured tobaccos that some people use. However, it can inadvertantly encourage smoking and then people go on to use normal cigarettes for example.

So its not so much the machine as what is being smoked that is the issue.

2
Posted by: hjtjerh | 2007/05/30

Any form of smoking is bad for you!!!!!!

Reply to hjtjerh
Posted by: nick | 2007/05/16

A hubbly bubble is smoking but very weak form of smoking...The amount of tar and nicotine in the flavoured tabaco is very very low in the 0. area and this is filtured through the water when a drag is taken. basically they are smoking flavoured smoke that has been filtered through the water...

Reply to nick