Question
Posted by: Eliza | 2011/04/14

HTR - can I stop

I am 55, 1yr ago I started menopause, have been on HTR (Activelle) since then, it has stopped the hot flushes etc. According to my GP I must continue this for 5years? I am not too keen on taking HTRs due to reports on a cancer risk. 2 family members have died of cancer related illnesses, my father had lung cancer, and my eldest sister a brain tumour. What is your suggestion, I would love to discontinue and take a herbal remedy rather. ( I take meds for High Blood Pressure and Glucophase). Thank you so much.

Lung and brain cancer ae not related to HRT. You could try a herbal supplement but these do not have the protective effects of HRT.

1