Question
Posted by: ML | 2005/12/05

HSIL (CIN II)

The artical regarding Cancer of the Cervix was most usefull after my diagnoses of CIN II. I am currently age 30. I would like to ask the following :
1. The condition is spread through the human papolloma virus. I did not preform sex before age 18 and did not have many sexual partners. (origen according to article) How long after infection does the virus turn to CIN detection? I would like to establish when and how/where I received the virus?!
2. I had a colposcopy and LETZ procedure 2 weeks ago. Will the virus reappear? I know that I have to go for regular check-ups, is it better to have a hystorectomy?

There are no absolutes, so time periods vary from person to person. There would not be any way of detemining when you caught the virus.
After treatment, the virus may well not reappear. Follow-up is important but a hysterectomy is not necessary.