Question
Posted by: jackie | 2007/08/16

HRT. Will I be able to fall pregnant?

I am 36 years, turning 37 in September. My Estrogen levels were extremely low and gyne prescribed Activelle, a hormonal replacement tablet I am taking everyday. I have been on this treatment for 3 months and will have a check up in another 3 months. I want to fall pregnant in the next year or so.
What are the chances of returning to normal? and what causes the depletion of estrogen in the body?

The cause would really be determined by the levels of your other hormones. It may be that you are not ovualating. Early menopause is also a cause, but the diagnosis cannot be made just on the oestrogen levels.