Question
Posted by: Lyndz | 2004/01/07

HRT - WEIGHT GAIN?

I am 43, have had hysterectomy (but still have my ovaries) and am on hrt (both estrogen and progesterone) - I feel a whole lot better but have found that I have picked up weight around the stomache, hips and thighs - I am told this is to be expected????? How does one get around this - and is hrt really as bad as all the hype maintains. Am I going the right route?

If you have had a hysterectomy, you don't need progesterone, only oestrogen. This may help with the weight as well. The "hype" related to combined oestrogen and progesterone, so get an oestrogen only HRT.